Ezra’s 1st Birthday Cake

baking chic January 12, 2012 9

Ezra turned One on the 31st of last year!!

Where did the time go???? He is a one year old now which is very hard to believe for me.

I was able to capture one nice looking picture of his cake in natural sunlight before my camera ran out of battery. I took 2 pictures and then my camera did a big shake and showed a red sign telling me my battery had died. The rest of the photos are at night under house lights which take away the look of the cake, but boy I sure had a blast making this cake. It was so easy and fun and so so yummy. I will share the recipe here so you can make it if you like and see the gorgeous photos from the blog that got me so inspired to make it myself.

Because it was the eve of the new year he got to stay up a little past his bed time so he could celebrate with us.

He was so excited and so so tired also, poor little guy :)

YAYYYYYYYY the # 1 candle !!! LOVE IT !!!!!!

He just loved the feel of the chocolate between his fingers. I knew he would be the type of baby who would delight in feeding his chubby cheeks with chocolate frosting and cake. He was unrecognizable and he had to be thrown into the bath. Zane had a blast helping him out and showing him the the places he missed, he joined his B-day brother in the tub as well. That water had some interesting colors going on :)

“Please daddy, more cake! I wasn’t yet finished with that”

Happy Birthday my dear boy! You are such a blessing to me . Everyday I am in awe of how you grow and how smart you are. How remarkable and blessed we are that the Lord placed you in our family and that He gave you to us. I am so honored to be your mama. You are my baby boy and I am so so proud of you.

P.S.

I know, I haven’t delivered my Christmas #2 post yet, I haven’t yet forgotten about it.

Wishing you all the best this new year dear readers!!!

Much love and sunshine to you

Kisses!!!

~Marie

1. Danielle January 13, 2012 at 1:44 am - Reply

What a fun fun post! Happy Birthday baby Ezra!!!
    He is as blessed to have you as you are to be his Mama!
    The cake looks amazing, of course! But I LOVE the pic of him from the side!!! Aghhhh! Sweet baby!

Keep posting sweet Marie, you ARE love and sunshine!

2. Homeschool on the Croft January 13, 2012 at 3:34 am - Reply

Happy Birthday, wee fella! And what a smart little fella he was (er, before the choc ;)

Marie, the cake looked amazing – off to check out the link… :)

3. Kirsteen January 13, 2012 at 8:15 am - Reply

I just can’t believe he’s a year old already! The cake looks A-maz-ing! That is my kind of cake. In fact, I may have to make one of them for my oldest son’s birthday next week. He turns 12. That, I seriously cannot believe!!!

4. Kirsteen January 13, 2012 at 8:15 am - Reply

OOh, and belated happy birthday to your sweet little man.

Sorry, the cake distracted me!

5. Leigha January 13, 2012 at 9:32 am - Reply

Beautiful cake! I can’t believe he is one! Where has time gone?! I remember you wrote on my blog last year right after I shared I was pregnant that you had just had him! :)

6. Pam January 13, 2012 at 11:20 am - Reply

Ezra and Burnie share the same birthdate–many years apart! Lol Thanks posting on FB–I got to read it! <3

7. jilma January 17, 2012 at 10:29 pm - Reply

What a cutie….Happy birthday EZRA!!!! and what a yummy looking cake :) Loved the post! Loved the chocolate face!!!

8. Elizabeth January 18, 2012 at 1:14 pm - Reply

What a gorgeous cake Marie!!! And the pictures of Ezra eating it are historic! SO CUTE!!! I love his little outfit that his Auntie Ruthie gave him too! XOXOXO

9. Katheryn F February 12, 2012 at 8:24 pm - Reply

This is a little late, but at cake is amazingly beautiful and delicious. So glad that Ezra loved it. It’s amazing how big he has gotten. Enjoy the new season of life with a toddler under foot. :)