Avocado Chocolate Pudding

baking chic October 29, 2012 11

I had the privilege of discovering this delightful recipe from forgivingmartha

and was delighted to try out her Avocado Chocolate Pudding recipe.

Certainly interesting and exciting to say the least. I made it while the babies were having their naps.

They woke up to chocolate deliciousness!!! The nice thing is that this recipe is practically healthy.

You would never know there is avocados in this pudding!

Avocados, coco powder, almond milk, agave nectar. Easy !!

Chocolate Pudding

• 1 Avocado
  • 1/4 cup Coco powder
  • 1/4 cup Agave Nectar
  • 1/4 cup Almond Milk
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • Crushed Pistachios

Gently peel your Avocado and place it in your blender. Add all of the above ingredients and blend

until smooth. Place in custard cups and serve with Pistachios.

Serves 2 just beautifully. It is a seriously rich and delightful treat, and if your into Avocados for dessert you will love this :)

1. Danielle Story October 29, 2012 at 10:13 pm - Reply

Hi sweetie!
    So it’s pistachios on top?
    I love anything chocolate, but avocados? You may need to make this for us, ya know, quality control… ;-)
    Love you!

2. Amy October 30, 2012 at 11:25 am - Reply

So, are you sure you can’t taste the avocados?? Cause, my boys won’t even attempt to eat it, if they know it’s lurking about the pudding. On the other hand, I’m still trying it and I’ll let you know how mine turns out. I’m thinking you need to come for a visit, so we can do some baking together. Miss you my sweet friend!
    Love ya,
    Amy

3. baking chic October 30, 2012 at 2:27 pm - Reply

Lol Danielle, yes Pistachios are on the top, completely forgot to include that :) Love you guys and would so wish for a chance to come over and make it!

Amy, thanks for your sweet comment :) I didn’t tell my little guys until later that night and Zane was like, “no no Mama” meaning he didn’t think that avocados were in the pudding. I am curious to hear about what your boys say and if they notice LOL!! Love you too dear friend. Can’t wait to have a baking day soon!!

4. Pam November 7, 2012 at 2:47 pm - Reply

Well, I am home now and missing you all so much. I love being home, but hate leaving you to do it. I am having a nice catch up on your blogs while I rest a little from the trip yesterday. Dad has been enjoying all the pictures and stories I have been telling him since I got him. We are both completely in love with all of our grandchildren.

Love this post. I have actually made this before. I got it out of the book “Deceptively Delicious”; and I thought it was very good. I couldn’t tell there was avocado in it either. I will have to look and see if this one is different than the recipe I tried. I love the idea of the pistachios on it, which I do not think was a part of the other recipe. I loved getting a chance to enjoy all of your baking while I was there, and I am going to miss that and the time we enjoyed sharing it with and tea and wonderful company.

Love you,

Mom

5. Leigha November 9, 2012 at 1:51 pm - Reply

I’m just now catching up on your blog. I love all the new recipes, and your pies look divine! I definitely want to try this. Madeleine actually LOVES avocados and I have grown to love them as I usually share one with her now. Of course I am a huge chocolate lover so this looks amazing :)

6. baking chic November 9, 2012 at 8:00 pm - Reply

Thanks Leigha for your comment. I love that sweet little Madeleine loves her Avocados! What a great mama you are. Zane likes Avocados but Ezra is still not sure about them lol

7. baking chic November 9, 2012 at 8:02 pm - Reply

Mom missing you so much. I am so glad you were able to get some rest after your trip. I would love for you to see if that recipe is similar to this one. I am intrigued to try her version if it is different! Maybe I will get it from you next time we chat on the phone!

LOVE you :)
    Marie

8. Cynthia November 16, 2012 at 4:56 am - Reply

The pictures look stunning! And I am still reeling around the fact that this is so relatively healthy, and with avocados nonetheless! I will definitely need to try this!

9. baking chic November 16, 2012 at 9:16 pm - Reply

Aww thanks Cynthia,
    I hope you give this recipe a try. After I made it I wished I had doubled the recipe, we were wanting more :)

Blessings
    ~Marie

10. Carol January 5, 2014 at 9:22 am - Reply

Woe, love this site!
    I am going to try the avocado recipe today!
    Thank you so much for the recipe and beautiful photos!

• baking chic January 11, 2014 at 3:25 pm - Reply

Aww thanks very the kind comment! Hope you liked the pudding!