Guacamole Made Easy

baking chic July 2, 2013 10

Avocados are such a great treat in this house,

we could eat them every day and we would never grow tired of them.

Guacamole is our very favorite. The 99 cent store is selling a bag of Avocados for $1 right now.

What little happy eaters we have right now. Here is a step by step  of our Guacamole recipe made easy.

Slice up all your Avocados

Taste the avocados

Place all of your pits in a separate bowl, you will be using them to keep the Avocados from going brown.

Next, with a fork mash up your Avocados to your preferred desired texture

Slice your lime

2 year old Ezra is my helper today :)

Squeeze your lime

Combine all ingredients

Squeeze some more lime

Taste your lime

“not bad mama”

Stir it again

Add some salt

Add some more lime :)

Next chop up your tomatoes

Place them in the Guacamole

Taste and test, and add more lime and salt to your preference

Taste with a chip

Serve

This would be a good time to put your pits back into your guacamole to keep the color of the avocados green and prevent them from turning dark brown.

Big brother needs to taste test also

But if you have a 2 year old helping you, make sure you don’t leave him a lone with the Guacamole

Observe the wall!

His words? “Mmm Mmmm Mama”

Recipe
6 Avocados
1/2 Tomato
1/2 Lime
Salt to taste

Slice up all your Avocados and remove their pits. Place pits in a separate bowl because you will use them later to keep your Guacamole from going dark brown. With a fork mash up the Avocados until your desired texture, (I like it smooth with a just a bit of lumps) next add your lime juice and salt. Last dice up your tomato and add to your Guacamole. Taste and add more salt and lime according to your preference.
Serve with chips.
Serving Size 4

1. Himilce July 2, 2013 at 4:02 pm - Reply

Now I know that this is prob not legit Guac, but my mom’s Puerto Rican friend taught her to put a little Italian dressing and a dash dash of hot sauce in with the avocado, tomato, onion, lime, and garlic. Try it, and let me know whatcha think.

Elon often remembers our grand adventures to the 99 cent only store. One of the few things I miss about AZ!

• baking chic July 2, 2013 at 4:56 pm - Reply

Mmmmm Himilce, I love the recipe and can’t wait to give it a try! Thanks for sharing. I know, the 99 cent store is such a blast and we keep finding ourselves back again and again and again lol!

LOVE you all and miss you so much!
      ~Marie

2. Himilce July 2, 2013 at 5:53 pm - Reply

Marie, what size clothes/shoes are the boys in? What about sizes for the fall? Do you know Winston’s size? I may have a couple of things…

• baking chic July 2, 2013 at 5:59 pm - Reply

Ok, lets see, Zane is a size 4t and Ezra is 2-3t Winston is probably a 3-4t. I’m trying to think for shoes, Zane is probably a 11-12, Ezra is a 8-9 and Winston is a 10-11? You might double check with Elizabeth just to be safe.

3. Pam July 3, 2013 at 9:01 am - Reply

Okay, your Dad and I just looked at this and melted to the floor one more time. And I don’t think that is being too dramatic; This is medicine for Grammy and Grampa’s heart. Also on the practical side… you should make a note that “Guacamole is so easy even a two year old can make it”… and, could you tell me how to use the pits to keep the avocado from going brown?

• baking chic July 5, 2013 at 2:51 pm - Reply

Hey Mom you and Dad are so much fun! I love the note that you suggest! So true! and I am sorry I will add this to the post about the pits, you place them in the Guacamole to keep from going brown.

4. Amy July 8, 2013 at 1:18 pm - Reply

Well I must say, I loved your “helper of the day!”
    What fun to have those little hands in there, tasting and testing and throwing some extras on the wall… for later! Happy memories you are creating! Barry and I love avocados, but the boys think they are slimy! Oh well, more for me!!
    I would have never guessed to put lime in it, I will have to try that the next time I make up a batch. Have you tried planting the pits??
    I hope you enjoy the time with your dad!!
    Love you Marie!
    Amy

5. Amber July 9, 2013 at 11:39 pm - Reply

you have the cutest helper! love that little belly! ;)

6. Cinnamon December 7, 2013 at 12:50 am - Reply

What a beautiful treat. And so much more fun with a two year old. My Rosie (who is also 2) would love to make and eat this! Thank you for making it look so simple.

We shall be making this soon.

~Cinnaon

• baking chic December 7, 2013 at 11:34 am - Reply

Cinnamon! Thanks so much for your kind comment! Little Rosie sounds so sweet, I would love to meet her.